About Signature Loans
- What is a signature loan?
A signature loan is an installment loan, which allows you to pay a loan over a longer period of time than a traditional payday loan.3 Signature loans at ACE allow you to repay the loan in scheduled payments that are substantially equal in amount (last payment may vary slightly). This loan can be repaid early, which may save you interest and CSO fees (where applicable). A signature loan also allows you to schedule your payments at your convenience on or before each payment due date by using either a bank account or a debit card.4 You can also pay by visiting an ACE store, by calling us, or by mailing your payment using a check or money order.
- Are signature loans available in my state? How much can I borrow?
Signature loans are available online in Texas and range from $200 - $2,000.
If approved, the amount you may borrow will depend upon your income and standard underwriting criteria.
- Can spouses have separate loans?
Yes. Each customer is treated individually, and a spouse can apply separately for a loan.
- What do I need to apply for a signature loan?
- You do not have to be employed, but you must have a steady source of recurring income payments to ensure you will be able to repay your loan.
- You must provide a valid Social Security Number or Individual Taxpayer Identification Number.
- You must have a checking or savings account that has been open for at least one month. The bank account information will be used for verification and funding purposes only. ACE will not deduct money from your bank account to make a payment unless it is initiated by you via our online payment portal or by calling customer service at (800) 996-3149.
- You must reside in the state you choose for your loan application.
- You must be able to be contacted via phone if verification of application information is necessary.
- You must be at least 18 years old.
- You must not currently be a debtor in a bankruptcy case or presently intend to voluntarily file for bankruptcy relief.
- You must not be a regular or reserve member of the Army, Navy, Marine Corps, Air Force, or Coast Guard, serving on active duty under a call or order that does not specify a period of 30 days or fewer or a dependent of a member of the Armed Forces on active duty.
- How do I apply for a loan?
To apply online, all you need to do is fill out our simple application. ACE's paperless application process is convenient, secure and simple. Our simplified application process allows you to fill out and sign your loan documents on your computer without the need to fax unnecessary documentation.
- Do I need to be employed? Can I be retired?
You do not need to be employed, but you need to have some sort of recurring income. You may be self-employed or receive recurring income from a source other than an employer such as retirement or disability income, but we will require you to have the ability to repay the loan. The key is to have a recurring source of income.
- Do I need collateral to apply for a loan?
No collateral is necessary or accepted.
- Is there any cost to apply for the loan?
No. You will not be charged to apply for a loan, whether or not you are approved.
- How will I know if I am approved? When will I receive my funds?
You will receive a decision immediately following completion of your application. If approved by 6:00 PM Central Time on Monday – Friday for weekday applications, and by 2:00 PM Central Time on Sunday for weekend applications, you will generally receive the money the next business day.1,2
For verification purposes, we may need to contact you by telephone before your loan is approved. Applications received on a weekend or holiday may be verified the next business day due to bank closures.
- Will I need a fax machine to apply for a loan?
No. ACE Cash Express requires no faxing of documents as a part of the loan application.
Payments and Cancellation
- When will the loan be due?
Signature loan payments will be due on consecutive pay periods. The number of payments and the term (length) of the loan will vary by pay frequency. You will be informed of the payment due dates and amounts if your loan is approved.
- How and when can I pay back?
You can make each payment online using our payment portal, by visiting an ACE store, by calling us at (800) 996-3149, or by mailing your payment using a check or money order.
You can schedule your online loan payment using your bank account or debit card. Please note that payments from your bank account must be scheduled for the date the payment is due. Payments from your debit card may be scheduled for any date on or before each payment due date.
Mailing Address:Installment Loans at ACE Cash Express
1231 Greenway Drive Suite 670
Irving, Texas 75038
If mailing in payment, please give at least 2-3 business days prior to your due date for the payment to arrive.
- If I pay off my loan early, how does that affect my finance charge?
If you repay your loan in full at any time, you will only be responsible for accrued interest and fees on the outstanding principal through the date of repayment.
- What if I change my mind and decide to cancel my CSO contract and loan?
Every loan comes with a 72-hour satisfaction guarantee. So if you change your mind about your loan, just return the principal within 72 hours and pay nothing more.
You can also mail or deliver a signed and dated copy of the cancellation notice provided with your Credit Services Agreement, or other written notice, to:ACE Cash Express
Attn: General Counsel
1231 Greenway Drive, Suite 600
Irving, Texas 75038
You will need to include your name and loan number. Once we receive your notice, we will transfer the principal directly from your bank account. The written notice must be postmarked within 3 days of signing the contract.
- Why choose ACE Cash Express?
We make it easy to obtain cash when you need it most. Since 1968, ACE Cash Express has opened its doors to customers looking for financial services. ACE Cash Express delivers a broad range of financial products and services including short-term consumer loans, card services, check cashing, money transfers, bill payments and money orders.
- What is a Credit Services Organization (CSO)?
In Texas, a Credit Services Organization (CSO) is a company that earns compensation by, among other things, helping consumers obtain loans from a lender. In Texas, ACE Credit Access LLC is a CSO that helps consumers obtain loans from an independent third-party lender.
- Is my personal information safe?